Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Trip to Ireland

Here's my first blog on our new blog site. Our other site will soon be non-existent and I was finding it difficult to post blogs (or at least that's my excuse). So, here's to a fresh start and (hopefully) much more blogs!

We just back from Ireland yesterday. We went there for our anniversary. We had a great time. We spent most of the time driving along the coastline. We thought that the country was really, really beautiful and the people we met were really friendly.



We flew into Shannon and stayed there for the night. We drove around the "Ring of Clare", seeing the Cliffs of Moher, the Poulnabrone Tomb (and ancient burial site) and the Ailwee Cave.




Here's me posing for the brochure.

Then we drove down to Dingle Peninsula where we stayed the night in a great B&B facing the ocean. The next day we drove around the peninsula on cool, winding roads. There was gorgeous beaches and old ruins everywhere.






This crumbling castle was in a sheep farmer's field, who we got permission from, to walk across his land to the castle. It was really cool.




So six years of marriage! We like to celebrate our anniversary by going on a trip every year and we try to take turns planning the trip. We also try to make the destination a surprise for the other person. It was my turn to plan this year's trip and surprise! I did actually manage to get Jason to the airport without him knowing where we were actually going. I thought that telling him he should definitely bring an umbrella would raise suspicions...
Here's a list of our previous anniversary trips (in order):
Jasper (Pyramid Lake)
Peru (on a hike to Manchu Pichu, celebrating with 12 other people)
Jasper (see a pattern?)
Bath (and the Cotswalds- oh so British!)
Berlin (with my sister. It wasn't technically a anniversary trip but it was our anniversary and we were traveling...)

2 comments:

m+K said...

Wow Michealia, I am very impressed with all your anniversary trips. Your pictures are awesome! I can't wait until Marc and I go travelling again. Here is a list of Marc and my anniversary trips :)
Edmonton Zoo
Uganda (that's a good one!)
Castle Fun Park, Abbotsford
Golden, BC

Well I didn't realize we were in totally different places for all of them so that is good. Happy anniversary you guys, with the track that both of us are on we will maybe have kids by our twentieth high school reunion.
Kylie
PS Of course you can link to us, we will add one to you too.

Stephen and Amber said...

We are excited to see your blog! You have great pictures! I was trying to run through our anniversaries and this is how it goes:

1) Okanagan

2) Hot Springs Tour in Alberta

3) Hawaii

4) Camping in Abbotsford ( a little weak but we were moving from Vancouver to Lethbridge and planning Indiana in the same few days...)

5) This year Paris!

I am adding you to our blog!