Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The green lady and a charging bull

My new tv arrived today, but after getting it set-up (with the delivery man supervising), I discovered that the screen was all messed up. So, I had to send back our tv and wait for another one to get sent. Too bad. We did get a tv lent to us by one of Jason's co-workers, so we are not completely in the the dark.

My friend Lisa was here last week. We had a great time. We went shopping alot! She needed some new maternity clothes and I just needed clothes. Here are some pictures of our adventures...

Here's two small-city girls in the BIG city. We went to New York on Friday. Spent the day shopping, drinking pumpkin spice lattes (thanks to Lisa, I have a new addiction supplied by Starbucks), and enjoying a show on Broadway. We went to the show "Hairspray". We really enjoyed it. The cast was super-talented and the story-line is really entertaining. I went to the Macy's on 34th Street. They were setting up the Santa's Corner and there was a sign saying "Miracle on 34th Street". So, my little brain finally connected all of that and then I realized that I haven't even seen the movie "Miracle on 34th Street", so I guess now I'll have to watch it.


Here is us at the beach near our place. We went for a run in the morning-ish (we had a late night in New York). Lisa still kicks my butt and she's 5 1/2 months pregnant.



We went back into New York on Sunday (this time we took Jason with us). This is a picture of us eating some famous NYC food. Hot dogs and pretzels from a street vendor. Just getting our energy before touring the Statue of Liberty.







This is a picture of the view you get driving into Manhattan.


Lisa, in front of the charging bull, near Wall Street. This picture turned out so much better than I expected because there was actually a lot of people around the bull and I didn't think we would get a chance to get in.


Jason and I in Central Park. You might not guess it in this picture but the ING New York Marathon was still going on and the finish line was only a few hundred feet from where we were. Mind you, it was going on 7 hours from the starting gun, so the place was pretty cleared out. No Lance Armstrong around. But there was still a pretty steady stream of people coming in. I don't think anybody would want to do a marathon after seeing people coming in after being out running/walking for seven hours. It just doesn't look fun. 'Course, some people would stay that even running for half an hour doesn't look fun either!


1 comment:

Olfert Family said...

Thanks for the link. It's awesome to see the pics of New York and read about what you guys have been up to!

Nate & Kristie