Monday, February 05, 2007

Superbowl Sunday

We had a fun weekend and the Superbowl on Sunday was the peak event. On Friday, we went out for dinner with some new friends. It was almost a blind date, because we hadn't met Kyle's wife and we had just met Kyle once. But, it was a lot of fun and we had a lot to talk about. They introduced us to a lively restaurant nearby and we discovered that they like playing board games, so we may have found some new Settlers partners.

Saturday, I went to a movie with a friend. We saw "Notes on a Scandal". It was interesting, there is a twist in there that I didn't know about before hand.

Sunday. The Superbowl. This is the first time I watched the Superbowl in the States, so I was excited to see the commercials. We had some friends over from church to watch it. This picture below is of Crystal, Louise and Sharon (Left to right). Sharon introduced herself to me at church, the first Sunday I was there and we just clicked. I've been really blessed to have met her.

This is a picture of Jason and Josh. Josh had a little "accident" on our couch.

This is Brian drinking mate. A big thanks to Stephen for supplying the special mate horn to drink out of. It's a cool Paraguayan thing that the Friesen family shared with us. And we are sharing it with our Long Island buddies.

I made these great pizza twists that were a big hit. Thanks, Rachel Ray! Writing about this weekend has made me realize how much God has blessed us with in our new lives in New York. The first few months after a move is always difficult, figuring out where everything is, finding new friends, setting up a new home. But, this last month, I've been realizing how many great people we have met and how this place is starting to feel familiar (in a good way).

2 comments:

m+K said...

Sounds like you had a great Sunday Michaelia! I was just commenting to a friend about the very subject of your last paragraph. I hope that it doesn't take too long in Kenya to adjust because moving to Chilliwack and Edmonton it took me about 6 months to adjust and we are only going for 6 months! Kylie

DirtyMrClean said...

Congratz on finding friends! :P It's always better to have people you can share you life with.