Well, I know my sister-in-law has been waiting for me to blog this... we have a baby on the way! That's right, Jason and I are expecting to have a bundle of joy arrive on our doorstep in July. I had an ultrasound on Wednesday and I thought I would introduce you to our future family member by showing you a picture of him/her.

I'm a little partial, but I think he/she looks pretty cute. We aren't finding out the sex of the baby, so I think I'm going to have to figure out what I'm going to call "it" while it's in
utero.
'He/she' is a bit of a pain to use constantly. Any suggestions?
19 comments:
I choose to call he/she BB. and yes BB. is very cute Mom Pinchesxoxoxox
we are calling ours 'our little melon'. Another couple in our prenatal class is calling theirs 'thumper'. So I suppose the sky's the limit!
Congratulations Michaelia and Jason. You have won the baby race! We were wondering if you would have a baby before us. (I guess you have been married a year longer!) I am excited to hear more about your baby. (I have no idea what you should call it maybe micon or jaslia.) Kylie
wow! Congratualtions guys! We are so happy for you!
Congrats!!!!! That's really, really great news!!
Remember Andrew Pearson from Churchill? No? That's because everyone still calls him "Herb", which is what he was named when his mother was pregnant. I think it's great!
And yes, as an impartial observer, very cute indeed.
Congratulations! I headed straight over here after reading your comment on Marc & Kylie's blog.
I'm on board with Kylie's name suggestions :)
Oh, another suggestion: "Baby O". (That's the letter 'O', not a zero).
J :)
Congrats Mic and Jason! I know of one couple that named called their baby "Whistler" since that was where it was conceived. And for some reason, my sister called Taya "Sifto" (yes, after the salt) when she was pregnant. Just be creative!
I love how in utero baby names are so often after foods. I vote nougat. I don't know why...I just heard a friends husband call her bump that and it was cute. And congratulations! And then there were three on the Pinches side... :)
CONGRATULATIONS! WHooo Hoo!
That is AWESOME... and yes - very, very, very cute. Just spent the afternoon with Moira and her little gal... so excited you guys will be having one of your own! Blessings!
Yay! It's posted! Does look very cute. Just like other Olfert babies... :)
Can't remember if we had any good names for babies, I think we just started calling them baby when we got tired of saying "it". "It" just doesn't seem right to describe this very important person.
My friends LeAn and Simon who are due any day now (and know they are having a boy) call theirs "Cleatus the fetus" which I think is very funny.
Congratulations on your baby! I think it's great that you're not finding out the sex before the little one arrives. As for a name, why not go with something like Sweetie or sweetiepie or something along those lines. I never really talked to Megan before she was born but as we were pretty sure she was going to be a girl, we'd call her Meg. Any feelings on whether it'll be a boy or girl?
Thanks for all the suggestions! So many creative people out there. I'll let you know what we end up calling "it" :)
I'm so delighted to hear the news.
It could never be better to see this post when I accidentally found your blog.
Best wishes to you, Michaelia and Jason and the baby.
Ju-Youn & I are expecting one in middle of May as well. It is a boy again (I always wanted to have a girl, but should keep my mouth zipped.)
It is common to name a baby during the pregnancy in Korea too. Ju-Youn is calling it 'Bom' that is 'Spring' in Korean, which is the season when the baby is due. (I know what you are thinking, Jason. It is not a 'bomb'.)
Alright. need to get back to work.
Take care, and see you sometime again.
-Chang-
YAY! Finally I can say something! How's things coming along? Expanding rapidly yet? I vote for "Peanut!" You have to say the baby's name like an exclamation. Although with all the allergies out there... I like someone else's suggestion "Baby O" too. Have fun- and use lots of Vit E creme/oil!
I had a rodman that always wanted to call a kid "Thermos". You know, like the comapany that makes the thermos.
Or considering Jason's field of study you could go with baby "nano".
but now I think that "phemto" might even be cooler. But you know, nouget is neat.
DADDY P
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so very exciting!!! I called ours "it" for the longest time, but then I just naturally started calling him "baby". Not too exciting or original, but it worked for me.
wow, Michaelia, you're dad sure is creative (and I like him because he likes my idea too - just kidding). You have a lot of adorable names to choose from...and just between us (and hoping that Brendan and Renny read these comments) I think you should put some pressure on Brendan and Renny to start a blog. :)
My favorite is Bump.
Post a Comment