Jason left for Oklahoma this weekend. He has gone down there to do research for a month with his work group. I know- nice! Leave the pregnant wife at home. But he didn't really have any say in the matter, the group does this sort of thing every year. Next year, they are going to Chile-now you're talking! So, maybe next year, I'll tag along and spend some time on the beach in Chile, learning Spanish and having my baby pick it up by immersion. We will see!
Now that I'm single, even though there is another person inside me (weird/cool at the same time. Beans does keep me from talking to myself. I can have conversations with Beans and not call it "crazy" just "bonding"), I'm having to find ways to fill my time. I've made my list of "June Activities" and so hopefully that will give me some structure so I don't spend the whole month watching "Pride and Prejudice" and marathon runs of "America's Next Top Model".
Nope, once the rains clear, I will be hitting the beach with my new maternity bathing suit from Target. V.cute. And no, you won't be seeing a picture of it on me either. I have found the beach to be the perfect place for a preggo- I can dig into the sand and bury my stomach down into it, so that way I can lie on my stomach. (Then people walk by and just feel mildly sorry for the beached whale!)
I'm also hoping to make a quilt for my baby. I made one for a friend (see my blog "Exams, excuses, etc.") and I was thinking of making one for myself. Since this one will be asexual, I'm limited to what colors to use, but I have an idea. I'll post the finish product.
My friend, Helen is coming at the end of June from England! We have already bought tickets for a Broadway show and it should be fun to show her around NYC and Long Island. Granted, I won't be up for pounding the pavement too much but it will still be fun.
Also, we are moving into a two bedroom apartment in July (well needed! The second bedroom will probably host our guests, while our baby sleeps in our room!) So, that means that I will get to have the joy of packing everything up again. But this time, I won't have to do any of the lifting- I can live with that.
Well, my low-fat Chocolate Chip Muffins are nearly finished, so I should run. Hmmm... they actually taste low-fat as well!
2 comments:
Love the beach idea! Unless you've been pregnant, you just can't understand HOW MUCH you want to lay on your stomach when you just can't! I used to go for massages b/c they had this special pillow that separated and left tummy space so you could lay on your stomach.
Sounds like you have lots of fun and relaxing things planned for the month. Enjoy your free time while you have it! And have fun with your visiting friends!
Hey, I made the blog. Cool. And I think you should post a picture of the maternity swimsuit. :) My mom cannot comprehend how women show off their pregnant tummies in tight clothes these days. In her day...you can imagine. Good luck with the move. Hope you have lots of good help.
Post a Comment