Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Other Cambridge

We are going to Cambridge MA, tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving. It will be fun to see the "other Cambridge" after living in the first. We are going to be staying with some friends that we met in England. It will be fun to catch up and EAT!! They are preparing the WHOLE meal, so Jason and I just have to show up with ourselves and eat. That's very nice. Besides eating, we are hoping to tour Harvard and Boston.

We are taking a ferry that leaves from one of the most easternly points of Long Island and goes to Connecticut. I haven't been on a ferry since I lived on Thetis Island.

Happy Birthday to Matt and Papa Olfert. They just celebrated their birthdays together in Lethbridge. We would have loved to have been there to share in the celebrations. But only four weeks and we will be in Lethbridge to celebrate Christmas! Here are some pictures of the
birthday boys.


I have joined up with a few girls on another blog. It's called "Ladies of Leisure". Can you guess what it's about? It's a blog for people (well, women in this blog) who are in a situation that allows them to have plenty of time to focus on things other than work. We decide that it would be fun to share our projects and our "leisure activities" with each other. I'd like to think that shopping is my project but I do have other talents as well.

4 comments:

Chris and Heather said...

Hey Guys, loving the blog. We have been terribly behind in updating ours, but it will come. Hey, I would love to join the Ladies of Leisure blog, because I have more than a month until I go back to school....how do I join?
Heather (Kornelsen) Raines

Olfert Family said...

Although I am no longer a lady of leisure (it lasted about a month prior to Devun being born), I did copy your brownie recipe & can't wait to try it. What a great idea, I think I'll sneak into that site every so often and see what you girls are up to!!!!

:-) Kristie

Michelle and Matt said...

Although I am at home too, I guess I can't honestly join the ladies of leisure blog either. (What is leisure again??) My day seems to be occupied with activities such as try to keep the house from looking like a hurricane passed through, fight with a toddler about sleep, and what can I throw together for dinner in the next 30 minutes. But I agree with Kristie that the brownies sound YUMMY. I may be lurking about this site to get ideas for things I would like to do if I ever get the time.

And, we also missed you guys at the birthday celebration. Looking forward to Christmas. Hope you have a great time celebrating American thanksgiving!

Michelle :)

michaelia and jason said...

I think anyone can join the club (the more the merrier I've been told). Even if the amount of leisure you experience is limited!