The weather was great on Saturday, sunny and mild. We were lucky and beat the Nor'Easter by a day. You may have heard of the big storm that hit New York and the North Eastern coast over the weekend. The storm was apparently a 'Nor'Easter', which I am going to assume means a North Eastern wind was causing the storm. It's certainly took on a life of it's own. There was so much flooding in this area.
Here are some pictures of our day with Chris and Tara. These ones are all taken in Central Park.
From tea to hockey....
On Monday, we went to an Islanders playoff game. They lost, but it was still pretty fun to be in an atmosphere like that. The fans got a little out of control at the end of the game. Due to a bad penalty call, the fans were littering the ice with bottles and cups to show their disagreement with the call. I think we will stay away from going to anymore games this season because every game we have gone to, the Islanders have lost.
My obstetrician is a big hockey fan so I am now having dreams (or maybe nightmares) about him and Jason discussing hockey while I'm in labor. At least the playoffs with be done then.
4 comments:
We're going to the Sens game tomorrow, potential series clincher...I hope we don't jinx the team!
I would LOVE to go to a tea room with you, it sounds like the perfect girl thing to do :)
Lookin' good Michaelia! Sounds like a fun day in NY.
I don't think you have to worry about the hockey overshadowing the baby's birth! :) When Jaina was born, there was a hockey game that night. Obviously Matt didn't go but we do have the ticket in her baby book as a reminder!
That was a crazy hockey game. We were watching a bit of what I think was game 4 the other day, and there was an Islanders goal that got called off that was so obviously a goal, then the other team scored and the goalie was so mad he broke his stick! Did you see that? Matt is going to the Flames game 4 tonight, so we really hope they win this one too!
Wow sorry for the long comment.
Take care and have fun when Jason's parents visit!
Michelle :)
Sens won last night...I guess we aren't a curse :) It's on to round two for them!
Wow sounds like a great time. Hope you are having fun with my parents in town? I'm sure you are.
Post a Comment