Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter Birthday

That's it- I'm officially 29 years old. This year, I celebrated the date of my birth on the same date as the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. Obviously, one event had significantly more of an impact on the world than the other event, but it was still a good birthday. Not a GREAT birthday though. No, unfortunately, last year's birthday is still overshadowing this year's celebration. Last year, I was in Egypt, exploring ancient temples and relaxing by the pool in the desert sun. This year, I spent the morning at church and the afternoon, studying in my kitchen.

Here's a picture from last year's birthday in Egypt. We went to a Korean restaurant for dinner.


But, the afternoon of studying paid off, because I passed my nursing exam! I just got the "unofficial" results today. I am so relieved. There still may be a chance that I will work in this country before I have this baby! I didn't feel so confidant when I left the exam on Tuesday. I had left my house with PLENTY of time to get there, but of course, traffic was horrible and then I missed my turn, twice. So I showed up with pink cheeks and out of breath. Then, the exam went really quickly. The length could range from 75 to 265 questions (depending on how you answer your questions) and you have 6 hours to write it in. Well, I was out of there in 1 1/2 hours and my brain was spinning. I thought I would have an idea of how I did, yet I felt completely confused and unsure of how I did.

Other exciting news- I got tickets for "Live with Regis and Kelly" at the end of the month! I had applied to go with Irene and Esther, when they were visiting. But, only two dates worked when they were here, so the third date I gave was a date in April, when Jason's parents are here. So, it's going to be me, Jackie and Irwin in the audience on April 26th. Make sure to check it out, spot us in the audience and listen for Irwin's laugh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday (belated) and congrats on passing!

Chris and Heather said...

Congrats on "passing" your test, and a belated Happy Birthday. I have got to be the worst friend ever, since I never remember! Have fun at Regis and Kelly, I'm sort of jealous :)

Jocelyn said...

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a great time.

Michelle and Matt said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on passing your exam. We knew you didn't need to worry!