It's been so nice and warm that I made a batch of home-made strawberry ice cream! It turned out very good (I think). I bought the strawberries from our local farm stand and I milked a cow for the cream (just joking- about the cow). This could be a bad combination though: pregnant woman with ice cream maker. I'm considering what my next flavor should be, either peanut butter with peanut butter cups OR peach. Any suggestions?
We had a great Memorial Day weekend. Like I've mentioned already, the weather's been great, so we spent most of it outside. We watched "Pan's Labyrinth" on Friday (not for the weak-hearted) and then Saturday, we headed to the West Hampton beach to enjoy the sun and sand. Sunday, we went into New York to meet up with our friend, Liz. We had a great day there. We went to MoMA for the afternoon for FREE!
Here's Liz and Jason in the garden at MoMA.
Just a picture of the Empire Building.
Monday, we helped out at our church, giving out free pop (out here- it's called "soda". I guess people in the Mid-West call it "pop") to people who were marching or watching the Memorial Parade.
We just bought our first BBQ. So, we have been cooking on it regularly, it's great. I think it's a necessity for the summer.
Other necessities for the summer:
-Body Shop body butter KEPT IN the fridge
-home-made ice tea
-a fan
-ice cubes, lots of ice cubes
-a nearby beach/body of water
-sunglasses
-flip flops
-ice cream (in any form, on a stick, in a cup, on a cone)
4 comments:
Hey Mick, I hear you on the warm day necessities. Since I can't have ice cream, I substitue gelato. I am so jealous that you got to go to MoMA. And good idea on keeping the body butter in the fridge. I've heard of people keeping their sheets in the freezer, but we haven't resorted to that yet. Have a great summer, keeping cool!
Enjoy going to the movies whenever you want while you can. Once "beans" arrives, you'll need a babysitter.:) But thanks for the heads-up about Pan's Labrynth, I'll probably avoid it even after it's on video.
Also a summer necessity: sunscreen, as much (if not more) for the beachy smell as the sun protection. As for the ice cream, I totally think you should go for the peanut butter one. After all, what better excuse could you have for choosing the more decadent treat?? Beans would probably appreciate it (or so you can tell yourself). The weather has finally turned nice here too. We went to Heritage Park today and a couple of nights ago I went out to Toys R Us and bought the kids a plastic pool. Hoping to try it out this weekend! I hope you and Jason can keep on enjoying some nice weather. And I agree with Jocelyn, get out as much as you can while you can, before it involves so much logistical planning!
Michelle :)
I second the peanut butter ice cream! And I think you need to update your fans with a recent belly picture. I've only seen the other one on here! I've also heard that olive oil on the belly really works for stretch marks.
lotsalove,
Alison
Post a Comment